Monday, October 28, 2013

FALL IN SAN FRANCISCO: APPLE HILL

I never realized some of the things I took for granted in New England when I was living back East. Traditional autumn activities like apple picking fall directly into that category. I had a hankering for some good old fashioned fall fun this weekend so my S.O. and I decided to make the 2 and 1/2 hour trek to what has been dubbed the best apple picking spot of the West - Apple Hill. 


Doesn't my fall manicure go well with this apple?



An hour outside of Sacramento, Apple Hill is made up of over 50 farms and ranches filled with fruit orchards, breweries, tree farms, wineries and more. We came a little late in the season so unfortunately the u-pick farms were pretty bare, however I was not disappointing as I had more than my fill of apple cider, caramel apples and apple cider donuts.



I really, really like apple cider donuts.

We visited a few different stops along the way - my favorites being Abel's Apple Acres and Jack Russell Farm Brewery & Winery. Both locations had a slew of tents and booths set up with local vendors selling all different types of food, produce, jewelry, accessories and more.



For native New Englanders, Apple Hill will make you feel like you've taken a trip back East. And while nothing compares to home, Apple Hill makes a close second.

No comments:

And now, the comments!