Monday, September 16, 2013

WORK IT OUT

This weekend I hit a big milestone - I completed my first 5k! To some, that might not seem like much but for a girl who could barely run a mile 6 months ago, I'm proud of my progress. Next goal is a 10k race!


5k Color Me Rad Run in San Jose this past Saturday, that's me covered in color and completely happy

I began my workout journey in February, and since then I have lost about 25 pounds and am always working to keep that number climbing. I've gotten really into a few different types of workouts to keep myself motivated - Crossfit, hiking, spin and running. For me, the most important thing when working out is to always be comfortable, because if you're not, it's just one more excuse to not do your workout. 



I rely heavily on Target for my workout gear, in fact 3 out of 4 of these purchases were were made there. They have a great line of activewear that breathes easily and is durable through washes, exactly what you want for those sweaty clothes. 

1. C9 by Champion Women's Duo Dry Endurance Tank: $15.00 at Target. This tank will become your workout best friend. I used to workout in cotton t-shirts and this tank honestly reshaped my workouts as I was so much more comfortable in a material that wicked sweat away and kept me cool. 

2. Oberon Trainers: $75.00 at Debenhams. Asic's is my go to brand for running sneakers. They provide endless support with a lightweight feel. Depending on how advanced of a runner you are/what you're looking for in a sneaker the price range varies but I find that these  are great for every activity. 

3. CamelBak eddy Watter Bottle: $15.00 at Target. Nothing is more important than staying hydrated. This spill-proof BPA-free bottle features double-wall insulation to keep water cool and reduce condensation.

4. C9 by Champion Women's Fashion Run Knee Tight Capri: $17.00 at Target. I would live in these spandex if I could. They're so comfortable, the stretchy material makes for a fit custom to your body, making them perfect for spin class and running. 

What are your workout essentials?

No comments:

And now, the comments!