Monday, September 9, 2013

COAST TO COAST JET-SETTING

This weekend I took a trip home for the first time since moving to California which was absolutely amazing. I managed to surprise nearly my entire family, which was an added plus. And although I love traveling, I absolutely hate flying (talk about an oxymoron, right?) I've come up with some travel essentials to make my flying time as comfortable as possible. 




1. A comfortable sweater is a must, you never know what the temperature will be like on your flight so packing layers is wise. Bonus, you can use that sweater as a makeshift blanket or pillow. 
2. It's crucial to be comfortable while flying. My favorite outfit consists of a comfy t-shirt paired with a flowing maxi skirt.
3. If you're taking a red eye or simply want to catch a quick cat nap on your flight, a sleep mask is a lifesaver. Anatomicals makes this great sleep kit that includes a mask and a soothing sleeping balm. Apply this and it's lights out!
4. Now some may disagree with me on this, but I love flying in sandals. They're easy to take off and put back on so you're not holding up any lines through security and let your tootsies breathe. 
5. I am 100% obsessed with my Beats headphones. Not only do they come in a range of fashion forward colors but their noise canceling features let you enjoy your choice of tunes, while also tuning out any unpleasant distractions (I love babies but no one wants to sit next to the crier). 
6. Backpacks are perfect to bring on-board your flight to carry all of your other travel essentials unlike a purse you'll have to dig through to find that book you swore you brought with you.

What are some of your travel essentials? Do you have one item you absolutely can't fly without?

No comments:

And now, the comments!